Thursday, January 14, 2010


It is 3 :30 am and I am still jet-lagged. It was a wonderful Christmas holiday with our family and friends in chilly South Florida. We are in a major cold snap in Seoul, with snow. It is funny here, The Koreans don't have snow removal equipment and there was a 14 inch snow fall. Soooo the snow is pushed into piles in the middle of the streets and the already ridiculous traffic mess is compounded with these snow piles.
On Sunday we are having our annual 'After New Years Openhouse'. So we are bringing our tradition fr
om MN along with Dorothy Goldbergs' coffee ice cream and cream soda punch. It is becoming world renowned! Thank you, Dorothy! all the way from our Stony Brook days in NY.
John leaves for London in a couple of days for a month-long hiring stint and I wlil visit the Longs in Madagascar for 2 weeks. I was ready to cancel my trip there because I was reading the US embassy warnings on Madagascar but the warning was for the coup that occurred in March not in January! Please come to Seoul for a visit but now in January. This is the same advice I used ot give regarding vising MN!

No comments:

Post a Comment